Let’s play a game called “how many times can a Democrat be a misogynist without the media pointing it out”.
This will NOT be a drinking game, mostly because I don’t want you to die of alcohol poisoning.
Let’s count this off:*
1. The University of Colorado: Colorado Springs is under the impression that it’s better for women to pee, vomit, or bleed on their rapist than it is for them to, I don’t know, carry a gun or even take self-defense lessons. Those two things weren’t listed on their “safety tip sheet” for women. (Which has since been removed from the website.) Yes, I’m sure that informing my rapist that I am menstruating or telling him I have HIV or Herpes is really going to be far more effective than shooting him. *eye roll*
2. Another Colorado story (really Colorado, If this is what comes of legalizing Marijuana, then let’s keep it illegal), Democrat State Representative, Joe Salazar, is apparently operating under the idea that women are far too hysterical and irresponsible to handle carrying a weapon as a form of self-defense.
“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at,” he said during a legislative hearing. “And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop — pop a round at somebody.” – The Blaze
You know what actual rape victims think about call boxes and safe zones, Salazar?
“A call box above my head while I was straddled on the parking garage floor being brutally raped wouldn’t have helped me one bit,” she proclaimed. “The safe zone? Well, I was in a safe zone and my attacker didn’t care.”
– Amanda Collins (via The Blaze)
3. Piers Morgan apparently feels that women buying handguns is just a crazy fad and that we aren’t capable of taking it seriously enough or having enough training to properly use a weapon and we just really shouldn’t carry them because our attacker might take it from us and use it against us.
Poor women, we are so weak and frail and we don’t really have the presence of mind to actually fire a weapon. We’ll just let ourselves be disarmed by our attackers.
Strangely this is completely counter to what Salazar was saying. Salazar seems to think that women are just so hysterical and emotional that we we will start “popping” off rounds whenever we feel slightly uncomfortable. Morgan seems to think that women are too passive to ever fire a weapon.
Their misogyny isn’t even consistent!
4. Bob Beckel doesn’t think that rape happens on campus. This might come as a shock to Amanda Collins, who was raped on the campus of the University of Nevada in 2007. You know what she wishes? That she had been allowed to carry her gun on campus, Bob, but she was prevented from doing so.
Apparently date rape doesn’t count as rape either and if you are date raped, it’s unreasonable for a women to shoot her date. Presumably this is because the guy paid for dinner and he deserves a little something for that, right Bob?
Kimberly Guilfoyle’s response was perfect, “If your date is a rapist, you shoot them.” If someone tries to rape you, they are no longer your date.
5. Joe Biden thinks women don’t “need” an AR-15 or 30 rounds of ammunition to protect themselves. Well, first of all Joe, what I don’t “need” is you telling me how to protect myself. He also apparently thinks that a shotgun is easier to use than an AR-15, I believe I already talked about the mythical “difficulty” of using an AR-15, ah yes, here you go.
Here’s what Right Scoop had to say about Biden’s suggestion that women only need a shotgun to protect themselves:
So here’s a quick story. Three guys bust into your house with 9mm pistols. You grab your single barrel shotgun and four shells. You kill one but then have to reload.
6. Amanda Marcotte seems to also think that women are incapable of making an executive decision to shoot a rapist, because we might have to deal with the cops not believing that someone we were on a date with was trying to rape us.
Umm…no honey. In that moment I would be far more worried about being raped than I would be about how the cops are going to feel about me shooting my date. Women can make decisions just as competently as men when comes to protecting ourselves, we don’t have to wait for our womb to stop moving around in our body so we can make logical decisions. Someone needs to come back to the 21st century from whatever dark age she’s been living in.
Of course she also thinks that giving baby girls a little “ritual nick” on their clitoris is an acceptable “compromise” to female genital mutilation, because the world of multiculturism says we really just can’t judge another culture’s need to mutilate women’s sexual organs.
What the hell? If these were Republicans making statements like these, liberal and feminist groups would be attacking them like a fleet of flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. Screaming about how “old white men” don’t have the right to tell women how to live.
Conservatives would be shouting them down for that matter.
What are liberals saying to these Democrats?**
Well Bob Beckel’s comments got some attention, but those reporting on it were far more interested in reporting it as if Fox News itself was responsible and the GOP was to be blamed for his comments, conveniently forgetting that Beckel is a Democrat and that it was his conservative co-hosts that slapped him down. Liberals on twitter fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Blaming that “old white guy party” for “not believing in rape on college campuses”. Great job checking your facts, MSM.
But sure, let’s keep pretending that Republicans are the ones with a misogynistic streak. That totally makes sense.
*This is by no means and exhaustive list
**Just about the only person on the liberal side of things who is speaking any sense is Roseanne Barr (and isn’t that a terrifying thought). She tweeted out a long string of recommendations that women should arm themselves, learn to shoot, and become skilled at it to protect themselves. Liberals seemed to ignore that as well, curious.